Friday, July 29, 2016

New In III

Hey Guys and Dolls,
Welcome back to my blog. A lot of people were asking me, on snapchat and in person, if I went crazy on the shopping front whilst I was on vacation.
To answer the question, I think I shopped within reason. Honestly, I spent a lot of my money on experiences and FOOD cause you know, a girl gotta eat. LOL!
I have given away all the presents I brought back so I am only gonna be showing y’all what I bought for myself and to avoid a picture heavy post, I have decided to do this in two parts. I am going to show you only the clothing pieces in this post and the beauty haul in another post. Make sure you look out for it.

The first thing I picked up was a bodysuit from Forever 21. This particular piece was part of a collection that was curated by Forever 21 in collaboration with the NBA. I initially saw it online but it was unavailable on the British F21 site so I made a mental note to pick it up whilst I was on vacation.
I also picked up my current favourite jewelry pieces from F21 which you would have seen if you follow me on snapchat but if you don’t, don’t worry, I will be doing a post on my favourite summer pieces so have a look out for that too.


Following that, I went to Steve Madden and they were having a SALE, which of course, made me extremely happy. I bought the WAARNER shoes pictured below because they reminded me of my snakeskin GILLIAN ghillie court shoes from Topshop which you can view here.
Clearly, I have a thing for lace up. I just find them extremely flattering.



After I left SM, I popped into footlocker to pick up something for my brother as well as the Jordan Eclipse in white but unfortunately, they didn’t have any. The more I looked at this multi-coloured spring inspired pair, the more it grew on me so I ended up buying them along with a present for my baby brother.



Further exploration of Fifth Avenue saw me in the Mets store. I was spoilt for choice. I wanted a souvenir that wasn’t from one of those tourist gift shops and so I decided I was going to get myself a jersey. Alongside the jersey is a baseball cap, I picked up from a store called Century 21. I know there is the chance that I may end up looking like a billboard AD but I don’t care. I am absolutely in love with my jersey and I cannot wait to style it for y’all in a post.


Finally, I picked up some Tommy Hilfiger underwear and socks at Century 21 because it is never a haul if I don’t buy some underwear. Y’all know how obsessed I am with my underwear. I was like a kid in a candy store at Century 21 because I wanted to buy everything but my luggage was already packed and I knew I was already over the weight limit so I kept my shopping here minimal. Tommy Hilfiger is another designer that dominated the 90s, alongside Calvin Klein, which probably explains my newfound obsession with the brand. Lately, it seems all I ever wanna buy is clothing with the CK and TH logo on it. As aforementioned, I may look like a billboard AD but I actually wouldn’t mind it. Go big or Go home right.




Anyway, I want to hear from all of you. Which pieces were you loving? Leave me a comment below. I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig