Friday, May 13, 2016

New In I

Hey Guys and Dolls,
Welcome back to my blog. I have published a post like this before but I thought it would be fun to showcase what’s ‘New In’ to The Black Mannequin closet.
I have been getting a lot of compliments lately on my skin and makeup application so I am gonna be showing you what I have been buying/using.
There are a few more clothing items that also made their way off my wish list and into my closet but since they’re going to be featured in an upcoming post called ‘Candy Rain’, I figured I might as well leave them out to avoid repetition.


Firstly, I am in love with these makeup brushes by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. You might remember me saying that I would have loved her to release some brushes to accompany her make-up collaboration with Marks and Spencer in a post, which you can read here, and I have to say, although pricey at £28, they certainly don't disappoint. Not only are they very pretty but extremely fluffy. 
The nail polish is called ‘Tiger Tamer’ and is released as part of the S/S 16 Collection by Leighton Denny. This is what I currently have on as seen in the post ‘OrientalFlamingo’ and I have been getting compliments left, right and centre on it.


I bought the Rodial Trio in March (these can be found in stores like TK Maxx, M&S and online beauty stores) and I have to say my skin loves this stuff. I especially love the fact that I don’t have to use a primer under my foundation when I use the night cream. In addition to these, I have been trying out the Super Acids X-Treme acid rush peel in the evenings and that in conjunction with using my Pixi 5% glycolic acid glow tonic in the mornings, has been helping me fight hyper-pigmentation gradually.

(Yes, I still use the sun protector even though the day cream already has SPF 30)






Lastly, we are unto the newest additions to my make-up drawer. I picked up a new matte pink lipstick called ‘Doo Wop’ from the Brooke Candy X MAC Cosmetics collection. I don’t own many pinks so I thought this would be a great alternative to all the purples I seem to be amounting. I will leave an in-depth review in my upcoming S/S 16 Lipstick Lookbook. Make sure you keep an eye out for that post too. Also, can I get an AMEN for this packaging?
Moreover, I picked up a new Mineralize Skin Finish Natural powder in ‘Dark Deepest’; I am so glad MAC Cosmetics decided to do a darker shade. I also picked up the Mineralize Skin Finish in ‘Gold Deposit’; this is the secret to my glow. I layer it on top of my other highlighter called ‘Cheeky Bronze’.

Finally, I picked up the ‘soft ochre’ paint pot as raved about by every beauty blogger in the world. I look forward to seeing the difference it makes when it comes to my eye looks.



I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Is there anything you’d like to try/will be buying? Leave me a comment below. I am Destini Monet and you have been reading ‘The Black Mannequin’.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Black Mannequin | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig